Dr. Neon (undoubtedly a pseudonym) is an off-screen character in Doggieboy's ongoing serial fic Apocalyptic Daria. The on-air talent for a mobile pirate radio station, Dr. Neon transmits vital, uncensored information to any survivors able to pick up his signal, as he did when he informed listeners that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights had been suspended in the wake of the events of Black Saturday. He also broadcasts slightly raunchy, off-the-wall humor to try and raise the spirits of listeners, as well as musical selections not expected in the present situation.
Currently, Dr. Neon is being sought by U.S. Government forces, including members of the FCC, but has managed to evade triangulation efforts for the present time. He operates with multiple transmitters on frequency 97.1 FM, and has remarked that he's operated like this for more than fifteen years, so he has some experience in evading the authorities.
Information released over 'FREE RADIO' by Dr. Neon
- Uncertain if the The United States is in a declared war.
Cities hit by nuclear attack:
- Washington, D.C.
- Philadelphia, Pa.
- Norfolk, Va.
- Jacksonville (It is revealed in Apocalyptic Daria: Scarlett's Tale that this was the major city in northern Florida.)
- Saint Louis, Missouri (unconfirmed reports indicate that no cities west of this point were attacked)
- New York City (was hit by a low-yield weapon, a neutron bomb or the weapon suffered a 'fizzle', as reports indicate that the primary damage was confined to the Bronx, and that damage is not as severe as that suffered by other cities attacked)
- The Forecast Channel (a weather channel analogous to The Weather Channel) is still operational, although not along the Eastern Seaboard and New England areas.
- There are at least 10 million U.S. civillian casualities (as of this point) of the attacks, and easily many more wounded.