Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
Revision as of 05:49, 8 April 2007
This site is dedicated to the Daria fandom, and all fan works from the beginning, and especially those since the end of the original series run on MTV. For episode guides, show history, and other true canon information, refer to the Wikipedia articles linked throughout the site.
- I think the meta-categories are fairly self explanitory, we want all categories to be sub-categories to those four. Vlad 21:58, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm adding a category [[Category: Fan Community Figures]] for people who are known for their service to fandom, for example, James Bowman for his Daria Fandom Blog. People who are also writers or artists who have done community support work should go here as well. Examples: Kemical Reaction, for her maintaining Glitterberries, Michelle Klein-Haas, Martin Pollard, etc.
Again, I hope this is useful and isn't in conflict with anyone else's plans or ideas. Scissors
- Two things:
- Category links for characters should use sort keys so the characters appear on the category pages in order by their last name, while displaying their name on the category page as FirstName LastName. For example, the category link for Michael Fulton would be [[Category: Fanfiction Characters|Fulton, Michael]]. This appears to be the standard for Wikipedia category pages; see, for example, the Wikipedia page for American composers.
- CINCGREEN had an extended Wiki version of his Daria Encyclopedia on-line once, but it was taken down due to...'reasons' as Ms. Li would say. I believe there is a backup somewhere, and I'll try to get it back on line somewhere. For stuff not covered at Outpost Daria, I think it's the definitive resource.
I hope this is useful and isn't in conflict with anyone else's plans or ideas. Scissors
- Richard Lobinske might have the Wiki backup. CINCGREEN 21:46, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- I added a section detailing my proposal for Categories and organizing them to my user page, there is also the starting stub for a Guidelines proposal, which I will add to early next week. Vlad 04:32, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- A section has been created for A.U. versions of canon characters. It is right now set-up as a sub-category of the Fanfiction Characters & Canon Characters categories. If you belive it should be listed as a main category, the name should be changed, or anything at all, feel free to discuss it.
- Many thanks to Vlad for the very well done start to the Daria entry.
- I have specificly begun porting over the articles on the canon characters from Wikipedia, as mentioned on the canon characters category talk page. Vlad 17:13, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- I have added Category:Stubs and Template:Stub for marking those canon character articles that really do need expanding as I port them in, as many of the significant characters have very little info. Vlad 20:12, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
- The first category Fanfiction Characters has been created.
- Thanks to Staren for porting over Jane Lane and Jake Morgendorffer after I left last night. Vlad 20:16, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
- Consult the User's Guide for help on getting started with a wiki.