Rectified a Bad Example
- Staren and I both set a bad example on the main page by putting some general chitchat about the project there under News, I'm correcting this bad example by moving it here, which is more suitable and presentable. I have also taken the oportunity to clean up the main page while I was at it ;). Vlad 02:29, 8 April 2007 (EDT)
Originally Under News on the Main Page
- I think the meta-categories are fairly self explanatory, we want all categories to be sub-categories to those four. Vlad 21:58, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm adding a category [[Category: Fan Community Figures]] for people who are known for their service to fandom, for example, James Bowman for his Daria Fandom Blog. People who are also writers or artists who have done community support work should go here as well. Examples: Kemical Reaction, for her maintaining Glitterberries, Michelle Klein-Haas, Martin Pollard, etc.
Again, I hope this is useful and isn't in conflict with anyone else's plans or ideas. Scissors
- Two things:
- Category links for characters should use sort keys so the characters appear on the category pages in order by their last name, while displaying their name on the category page as FirstName LastName. For example, the category link for Michael Fulton would be [[Category: Fanfiction Characters|Fulton, Michael]]. This appears to be the standard for Wikipedia category pages; see, for example, the Wikipedia page for American composers.
- CINCGREEN had an extended Wiki version of his Daria Encyclopedia on-line once, but it was taken down due to...'reasons' as Ms. Li would say. I believe there is a backup somewhere, and I'll try to get it back on line somewhere. For stuff not covered at Outpost Daria, I think it's the definitive resource.
I hope this is useful and isn't in conflict with anyone else's plans or ideas. Scissors
- Richard Lobinske might have the Wiki backup. CINCGREEN 21:46, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm looking for it. If CINCGREEN remembers the file name, it would help. RLobinske 8 April 2007
- I have not located the file, I'm afraid it may have been lost in a hard drive failure last year, since I have not located it on any of the backups from that time. RLobinske 18 May 2007
- If CINCGREEN gives his permission and blessing, I'll try to rebuild the Daria Encyclopedia 0.0 as a Wiki. --FrankSinisterra 10:27, 12 April 2007 (EDT)
- I added a section detailing my proposal for Categories and organizing them to my user page, there is also the starting stub for a Guidelines proposal, which I will add to early next week. Vlad 04:32, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- I have specificly begun porting over the articles on the canon characters from Wikipedia, as mentioned on the canon characters category talk page. Vlad 17:13, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- I have added Category:Stubs and Template:Stub for marking those canon character articles that really do need expanding as I port them in, as many of the significant characters have very little info. Vlad 20:12, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks to Staren for porting over Jane Lane and Jake Morgendorffer after I left last night. Vlad 20:16, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
Glitter Berries has just been updated one final time and moved to a free hosting site. The URL for the site has changed to http://glitterberries.freehostia.com. I just wanted to let everyone know of the change, because many of the pages on the wiki contain links to the site, and they'll all need to be updated. I've fixed a few of them already, but there's no way I can get them all. If anyone is willing to help out in that area, that would be great. Also, the link to Glitter Berries on the main page will need to be changed, and I don't have privileges to do so. Thanks! --Kem 17:09, 25 October 2007 (EDT)
Greets. Whoever has access to the hosting backend may want to disallow the skin subdirectories with a disallow in teh robots.txt file here as they're currently returning higher listings when one searches for this site in the search engines. May cause problems down the road.
The Great Formatting Hunt
Some questions about appropriate formatting of entries. I'm not going to lay down some ironcast law as to how entries should be written; I'm just looking for suggestions.
For example, should episode titles be in quotes or not? (e. g. "Cafe Disaffecto" or Cafe Disaffecto) Should "Daria the Television Show" be italicized (Daria) or in quotes ("Daria")? Just trying to provide some consistency. Roentgen 15:54, 9 March 2008 (EDT)
Are the "last updated" dates next to Outpost Daria and Glitterberries supposed to denote "this is the last update for this site, which is no longer being updated"? If so, then I submit that the "last updated" tag be removed from OD, as I'm now doing the update thing again. :)
Is there a reasonable backup policy for the wiki content and the domain (domain access!) - and is it implemented? It would be a real pity if all the work put in here by everyone would - for whatever reason - vanish into the digital orcus. BlackHole 06:46, 21 February 2009 (CST)
- DariaWiki is in fact backed up on a regular schedule, both the content database and site files. --Staren
Kara has stated on PPMB that she has let the DVDaria.info domain lapse into nothingness and wants the link changed to this one. I'd do it myself but I'm not an admin. Thanks. The Excellent S 17:39 18 September 2011 (AEST)
- I went ahead and fixed that one. --Vlad 03:07, 18 September 2011 (CDT)
Lawndale Online *still* a porn site
- Please protect the main page (cascading). 18.104.22.168 22:12, 17 July 2019 (UTC)