A fanfic written as a TV episode or movie script. This format was more often seen in the earlier years of the fandom, while the Daria show as still being aired. Some very long Daria series have been entirely written in script form (see examples below).
No commonly agreed-upon format exists for the way in which scriptfics are presented. Some include detailed stage directions, some are structured like actual animated episodes (even having commercial breaks and fake commercials), and some are exceedingly simple and spare in design.
Debate exists at times in Daria fandom over the relative merits of scripts vs. prose. Among the positive aspects frequently cited are a tight focus on dialog, and character development through the spoken word, both of which are often lacking in prose.
Examples of Daria Scriptfic Series
- Abruptly Amy, by Kara Wild et al.
- DF Continuum, by Steven Galloway
- Driven Wild Universe, by Kara Wild
- First Summer series, by Richard Lobinske
- The Look-Alike Series, by Canadibrit
- The Lost Seasons, by C.E. Forman
- Submariner Series, by Wildgoose
- Unseen Phenomenon, by Wildgoose
Scriptfic vs. Prose Discussion Threads on PPMB
- "Ten Years: Who'd Have Thought...?" (begun April 2009)
- "Format/Narration" (begun March 2007)
- "Where is Daria fanfic going?" (begun April 2005)
- "C.E. Forman's 'A Morgendorffer Scorned' (SPOILERS)" (begun January 2005)