ATF Agent Flemming (or Fleming) is a character from the film Beavis and Butt-head Do America, voiced by the late Robert Stack, who has been grandfathered into Daria by fanfic writers.
An uncompromising badass with a cavity search obsession, he's one of the top men in the Bureau for Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Somehow, the X-5 bioweapon fell within his remit. He spent the movie tracking Beavis and Butt-head, believing them to be terrorist masterminds, and later believed they were patriotic heroes; apart from these two lapses, he appears to be intelligent and competent. Arms dealers Dallas and Muddy Grimes are old enemies of his.
Flemming met Daria Morgendorffer in his quest for X-5: she was in a summer class of Mr. Van Driessen's which got raided by the ATF. Daria may or may not have been cavity searched, and we all hope not.
Flemming, as with other Beavis and Butt-head concepts and characters, is often used in Daria fanfic; so are his sidekicks, Agent Bork and the heavyset, cavity-performing woman Agent Hurly.
Fanfiction they've been in include:
- Daria 2: The Curse of the Misery Chick by Aaron Solomon (ben Saul Joseph) Adelman and Barry Eshkol Adelman: investigating a series of murders with Brian Danielson in a slasher spoof.
- Where No Man Has Gone Before by The Angst Guy: An adult Daria works as Flemming's greatest weapon.
- Coming of Age by Deep Metal: Flemming is attempting to stop a conspiracy that Beavis and Butt-head are completely unaware of.
- God Save The Esteem by Charles RB: Flemming and his team turn up in the last two parts, mistaking Daria for the terrorist mastermind.
- Unbearable by Smijey: Flemming turns up to fight bears and have sex, maybe not in that order.
The film came out in 1996. In 2002, the ATF became the Bureau for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (but is still abbreviated as "ATF") and was moved from the Department of the Treasury to the Department of Justice.