Beavis and Butt-head issue 14
Beavis and Butt-head #14 was the Feb 1995 (the cover is dated April) issue of the Beavis and Butt-head comic. All strips and features were drawn by Rick Parker (art and lettering) and written by Don London, with colours by Rob Camacho; Glenn Eichler was consultant.
War and Piece
- Daria: *raises hand* Is France taken yet?
And by the end, Beavis is made to be Uraguay ("You're a what? Huh huh huh") and Butt-head Liechtenstein (which he thinks means licking a girl).
When the Model UN turns up, the class-skipping duo see it and believe "it's that Models Inc show!", with Butt-head theorising they've been brought into the school to "do it". Soon, in the cafeteria, Daria in a very bad "France" costume lays down the law:
- Daria: As Secretary-General, I hereby bring the Model United Nations to order.
Elsewhere, the dimwits are wandering around looking for the models, while Daria has to settle a growing border dispute between the USA and Canada:
- Daria: Resolved - that the borders between the U.S. and Canada be reinforced to prevent further conflict. Does anyone know where the missing delegates are? We need to break this deadlock!
Those missing delegates wander into the girls' changing room (actually a toilet) but find the delegates for Arabic nations; Butt-head perves, but Beavis believes these can't be models, they've got too many clothes on. Meanwhile, the UN is descending into vicious in-fighting over the border issue:
- Daria: DELEGATES! PLEASE COME TO ORDER!
Beavis and Butt-head wander off to the cafeteria, Beavis wondering if the models got hungry and Butt-head telling him models aren't allowed to eat:
- Daria: Delegates! I urge you to reconsider... Wait! It's Uruguay and Liechtenstein!
The lads push past everyone, further pissing them off, and perve on an Arabic delegate until she slaps them... which is taken to mean they've decided in favour of war! The mother of all brawls breaks out, Daria futilely calling for:
- Daria: ORDER! ORDER!
While Butt-head, confused, wonders why the models are upset, because the food sucking at Highland is no reason to throw stuff. "Wait a minute... Maybe it is!" Soon everyone from outside of Highland is fleeing for their lives while part of the school burns, Butt-head grousing that the models left just as the cool stuff started happening.
- "Lonely Hearts" (a Valentine's strip) and "Chopping Hogs", non-Daria strips
- Activity Page, where the lads tell us how to make dirty Valentine's cards
- "Reviews" of Spider-Man 2099 ("He just cursed!" "No he didn't, he said 'shock', superheroes can't curse")
- Femail, where Beavis and Butt-head only answer mail from girls
- Daria's head is in the O of the "Lonely Hearts" logo, a bit of symbolism that indicates how Parker (and the B&B crew in general) saw Daria at the time.
- In the background of "Lonely Hearts", Daria is holding two Valentine's cards but it's not shown if they're for her or if she's giving them out. Either option raises interesting questions about Daria's Highland days...
- It may seem strange post-Daria that she's willingly joining in an after-school activity, but she had done this in several episodes of Beavis and Butt-head. She's actually putting in an effort too. With this sort of outcome, it's unsurprising that Daria stops engaging with things later on.